More on that below (it was a rougher week)
Well, the School of Navigation and Seamanship (SONS) has finished the third week of the course, but only there first week of our time in Greece. I could not be happier with our group of guys. They all have a heart to stay in the ships ministries, and even possibly starting their own! (This is what we have been praying for!!!)
This week has honestly been a little rougher. There was a lot of admin stuff that needed done, random things that kept me from having productive days, and being home sick, now for back in Harpenden, England and back in KC.
What would my life be like if I would have stayed on my own course back home?
I could be in marketing, with a degree, and would probably be married, and making a life for myself, if only I would have stayed in Kansas City. I wouldn’t have to submit myself to having to “beg” people to support me just to eat and have a bed to sleep in.
BUT, I wouldn’t have found the deep relationship I now have with the Lord. If I would have ignored His call on my life, I would not be living to the potential He had for my life.
Despite the occasional hard and stressful day, or having sentimental feelings of the past, I would not change a single thing I have done with the Lord.
In the hardest times, we have to stop, readjust focus, and continue, only in the strength the Lord gives us. When we feel like we are pushing along in our own strength, that should be a big red flag that it’s time to refocus on God and what he wants out of the particular situation. There are few worst things than to push through to the end of a project and realize the Lord had a way easier way just waiting, but we were too heads down and hard headed to stop and meditate on Him for the solution.
I am now to a point of being so busy that I can’t afford, not to stop and seek the Lord in everything. If I was to do it in my own strength, I would crash and become a hermit somewhere.
What I do on the daily:
- Cultivate relationships, train, and disciple others
- Coordinate/Co-Leading the School of Navigation and Seamanship and Bluewater (Sailing) Discipleship Training School on-board the Next Wave
- Developing the new website for maritime training and crew management systems for YWAM and the University of the Nations, called YWAM Ships Training
- Ship yearly program scheduling for the Next Wave
- Procedure and effective system implementation and training
- Marketing and social media for YWAM Next Wave
- Communications and future program/course development
- Photography and videography projects for various ministries
- Working towards further maritime certifications that will help me to be more helpful in the ships ministries
1 Corinthians 10:31